The single day canoe safari in Victoria Falls runs from 07h00 to 14h30 everyday. It runs all year round. A minimum of two people are required for the trip to take place, with a maximum of twenty people per trip.
• Age Restrictions:
Minimum age: Children aged 7 and older can participate in canoe safaris if accompanied by a parent and fit into a lifejacket. Management retains the right to refuse a child who they feel is unsuitable for the activity for any reason.
Maximum age: There is no maximum age limit; however Wild Horizons retain the right to refuse to take a client who is clearly going to be unable to cope with canoeing.
• Language: English
• Transfers: Included
• Please note: Activity Rate does not include Park Entrance Fee and River Usage Fee
• On these trips guests paddle their own canoes, following their qualified Canoe Guide as he leads the way.
• Clients are collected at approximately 7.00 am.
• Clients take short game drive in an open vehicle into the Zambezi National Park perhaps seeing some game on the way.
• A continental breakfast is served and the guide will give a thorough safety briefing, which will cover: safety conditions of the river, rapids, canoeing instruction, and general information. You will be asked to sign an indemnity form.
• The full day is spent canoeing (18kms) downstream, running small grade one and two rapids, exploring channels and bird and game viewing.
• A picnic lunch is served on the mainland or an island.
• Cold soft-drinks, mineral water and beers are served at the take out point at the end of the day and clients are back in Victoria Falls by about 2.00 pm.
• Routes taken on this trip can vary due to logistical, road and weather conditions.
What To Bring:
• River shoes or sturdy walking shoes
• Mosquito Repellent
• Sun Hats
• Polarised sunglasses
• Towel (Optional)
• Cameras (spare SD cards and batteries!)
• Warm clothing in winter (April to August)